Resident volunteers sought for Transit Task Force
The Town of Orangeville is seeking resident volunteers to serve on the following committee:
Orangeville Transit Task Force (OTTF)
The purpose of this committee is to undertake a review of the Orangeville Public Transit System. The Orangeville Transit Task Force (OTTF) will advise and make recommendations to Council regarding matters related to vehicular transportation including, but not limited to transportation needs, transit demand, taxi and ride sharing.
Applicants should demonstrate the following:
- A strong interest in passive and active transportation opportunities;
- Hold qualifications or expertise through work/life experience and/or academic qualifications, or other means sufficient to understand the general technical nature of transportations systems;
- Commit to full participation in regularly scheduled meetings;
- Commit to significant preparation for meetings via agenda review including previous minutes and all documentation;
- Participate as a leader, capable of taking an ambassador role within the community in support of all decisions made by the OTTF and by Council.
The Committee meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. Meetings are held at the Municipal Offices, 87 Broadway. An Application Form is available from
the reception desk at the municipal offices, or the Town’s website www.orangeville.ca (Town Hall, Council, Committees, Boards and Committees Application).
If you require further information, please contact Susan Lankheit, Deputy Clerk, at 941-0440, ext. 2223, e-mail [email protected].
Completed applications must be received in the Clerk’s Division, Municipal Offices, 87 Broadway, Orangeville, ON L9W 1K1, no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday, July 29, 2019.