You need a permit in order to sell or display fireworks in the Town of Orangeville. Learn how to apply and review the rules and regulations around the sale and discharge of fireworks as outlined in the Town of Orangeville's Fireworks By-law.

Apply for a licence to sell fireworks

Please complete our Licence to Sell Fireworks Application and submit it to Town Hall at least 14 days prior to the proposed sale date:

87 Broadway
Orangeville, ON
L9W 1K1

Application details

Please include the following information with your application:

  • certificate of liability insurance for $2 million with the Town of Orangeville as an additional insured (Section 4.3 of the Fireworks By-law)
  • site plan (Section 4.2.4 of the Fireworks By-law)
  • where and how the fireworks will be displayed (Section 4.2.2 of the Fireworks By-law)
  • type and number of fire extinguishers on-site (Section 4.2.2 of the Fireworks By-law)
  • fire and explosion safeguards in place (Section 4.2.2 of the Fireworks By-law)
  • letter from the manufacturer stating that child labour was not used during the manufacturing process (Section 3.5 of the Fireworks By-law)
  • written permission from the property owner or authorized agent (Section 4.2.3 of the Fireworks By-law)

You will need to contact Orangeville Fire prior to the proposed sale date to request an inspection.

Displaying fireworks

Please contact Orangeville Fire for more information on the display of fireworks in the Town of Orangeville.


Firework permit fees
Permit typeResident feesNon-resident feesDetails

Firework sales



Per location for a seven-day period

Fireworks display



Per display

Non-profit/charitable organization/service clubs




Rules and regulations

Whether you are selling, displaying or discharging fireworks in the Town of Orangeville, you need to follow the rules and regulations outlined in the Fireworks By-law. These regulations help keep our community safe.

Selling fireworks

Review the rules around selling fireworks:

  • you must have a fireworks licence in order to sell fireworks in the Town of Orangeville
  • fireworks can only be sold in the Town of Orangeville on the seven days preceding Victoria Day and the seven days preceding Canada Day
  • you can only sell fireworks to individuals who are 18 years of age or older
  • you need to be able to prove that all fireworks you sell were not manufactured using child labour

Displaying and storing fireworks

Review the rules around displaying and storing fireworks:

  • you cannot store fireworks that are displayed for sale within any building, in a bin, lot or bundle that exceeds a weight of 25 kilograms
  • do not store the fireworks in direct sunlight
  • you cannot exhibit fireworks in a window of a store or shop in town
  • “No smoking” and “fireworks” signs are to be displayed within the sales structure
  • fire extinguishers must be supplied and staff trained to operate them

Setting off fireworks

Review the rules around setting off fireworks:

  • you cannot set off fireworks within the limits of a travelled public highway (including sidewalks), public parks or within the limits of any shopping plaza
  • you can only set off fireworks on Victoria Day and Canada Day or if you have a special permit issued by the Town to display fireworks

Holding a fireworks display

Review the rules around holding a fireworks display:

  • you need a permit in order to hold a fireworks display in the Town of Orangeville
  • you cannot use fireworks that were manufactured with child labour
  • you cannot display fireworks within 183 metres of a nursing home, public hospital, home for the aged, or any premises or place where explosives, gasoline or other highly inflammable substances are manufactured, sold or stored
  • you cannot display fireworks within 183 metres of a church or a public, separate, secondary or other school, unless the consent of the owner or an agent is obtained.