OPP Costing 2019
The Town of Orangeville is undertaking a review of policing services.
Update: A Costing and Contract Policing Proposal was presented by the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) at the June 10, 2019 Council meeting.
A resolution was also passed approving a schedule of meetings for the review of policing services. This resolution is a follow up to report CAO-2019-005.
On May 13, 2019 Council passed a resolution directing the CAO to issue requests for proposals/quotes for a consultant to analyze the cost and services for policing services in the Town. The RFP has been issued. Click here for the Notice on the Town's website.
The OPP Billing Model was presented at the April 29, 2019 Council meeting.
In January 2019, Council received confirmation that its December 10, 2018 resolution requesting the OPP prepare a costing proposal for the provision of policing services for the Town of Orangeville was approved and an initial meeting was held between the Town of Orangeville and the OPP.
Information regarding OPP Contract Proposals and Amalgamations can be found on the OPP's website including the Information Manual for OPP Contract Proposal Process.
As the Town of Orangeville moves through the OPP costing proposal process, the information we receive will be provided to our residents through this web page. Questions may be submitted to [email protected] and the answers will be made available through this web page.
Links to information for the 2019 OPP Costing are listed below:
- OPP Contract Policing Proposal
- OPP Costing Presentation
- OPP Integrated Policing Video
- Council Report CAO-2019-005 - Review of Policing Services
- Certified copy of May 13, 2019 Council Resolution - Consultant - OPP Costing Proposal
- April 29, 2019 OPP Billing Model Presentation
- Information Report to Council: CAO-2019-001 - OPP Costing Proposal Initial Meeting and Information Update
Links to information from 2017 OPP Costing are listed below:
- Final vote: Council's decision on policing
- CAO Recommendation for Policing
- OPP Calls for Service Costing Tool
- OPP Billing Model Presentation
- BDO presentation
- BDO -- OPP Costing Advisory Report
- OPP Costing Analysis Follow-up
- Presentation – OPP Costing Analysis
- Orangeville Police Association, Presentation from President
- Orangeville Police Services Presentation
- OPP responses to public questions
- OPP Contract Policing Presentation
- OPP Costing Proposal for the Town of Orangeville
- Council Questions to OPP regarding Costing Proposal and Process