You may need to get a site alteration permit in order to do any kind of earth work or excavations in the Town of Orangeville. You will need a permit if your property is larger than 0.5 hectares (1.2 acres) in area. This does not include approved site plans or subdivision developments.

Apply for a site alteration permit

Please complete the Site Alteration Application and submit it by email or drop it off at Town Hall located at 87 Broadway.

You must receive a permit before you begin work. The permit will remain valid for 180 days from the date of approval.

Why do I need a permit?

The Town of Orangeville wants to ensure that measures are in place to avoid harmful runoff, be environmentally responsible and to protect all property.

Please see the current By-law for more information.