Committee volunteers required
Orangeville Town Council appoints citizens to various Boards and Committees that make decisions or advise Council on a variety of matters. The term of the appointment is concurrent with the term of Council.
Heritage Orangeville – one committee member
Heritage Orangeville provides advice and recommendations to Council on:
- Matters relating to the identification or designation of properties of cultural heritage value or interest as well as the designation of heritage conservation districts pursuant to the Ontario Heritage Act;
- Promoting awareness, education, stewardship and conservation of Orangeville’s heritage;
- Establishing partnerships with heritage groups and organizations; and
- Promoting excellence and recognition in the heritage community.
Sustainable Orangeville – one Communities in Bloom representative
Sustainable Orangeville assists in the development, implementation and promotion of environmentally sustainable practices within the Town of Orangeville to reduce the Town’s environmental impact and improve the quality of life of its residents including:
- Urban food systems (e.g. community gardens)
- Active transportation awareness and infrastructure (e.g. cycling)
- Waste reduction initiatives (garbage, recycling and composting)
- Water conservation and stewardship, air quality, energy conservation
- Urban forestry improvements and initiatives (e.g. tree planting)
- Assisting with implementation of the Town’s Sustainable Neighbourhood Action Plan
If you require further information, please contact Tracy Macdonald, Committee Administrator, at 519-941-0440 Ext 2256, email [email protected].
Completed applications must be received in the Clerk’s Division, Municipal Offices, 87 Broadway, Orangeville, ON L9W 1K1 no later than 4:30 p.m. on November 25, 2019.