Z - road reconstruction.jpg

Applications, Permits & Utility Locates

Determine if permits are required prior to undertaking any work.

Applications & Permits

Individuals or corporations wishing to undertake certain works in the Town of Orangeville are required to contact the Public Works Department to determine if "permits" are required before the work begins.  The Public Works Department administers three permits:  Driveway Widening/Curb Cut Application, Road Occupancy Permits Topsoil Removal Permits and Moving and Oversized Load Permits.

For inquiries regarding permits, please call 519-941-0440 Ext. 2250 or e-mail [email protected].

Utility Locates

Prior to any excavations, utility locates should be obtained.

  • Bell Canada, Enbridge Gas, Orangeville Hydro, Water/Sewer and Rogers Cable (One Call) -- 1-800-400-2255

For trenches deeper than four feet, a trench number is required from the Ministry of Labour prior to digging.  The telephone number to call to obtain this number is 1-888-299-3138.