Water and Sewer Rates
Water and sewer rates are set by by-law.
The rate for 2018 is $2.17 per cubic metre, plus the base monthly charge, depending on meter size; $8.57 for a 5/8" or a 3/4" meter.
The rate for 2018 is $1.99 per cubic metre, plus the base monthly charge, depending on meter size; $8.57 for a 5/8" or a 3/4" meter.
Water Saving Tips
1. Replace your toilet with a low-flow toilet that uses 6 litres per flush or less. Toilets older than 20 years can use more than 20 litres per flush. Contact the Town of Orangeville for a $60 rebate on the purchase of a low-flow toilet.
2. Reduce your shower time. A five-minute shower can use over 100 litres of water. Install a low-flow showerhead, or a showerhead with a shut-off valve.
3. When washing dishes by hand, fill up the second sink a quarter full with fresh water to rinse dishes, instead of letting the tap run.
4. Always set the washing machine to the appropriate water level for the size of the load to avoid excess water use.
5. If necessary, water your lawn in the morning or at dusk to avoid evaporation by the sun.
6. Purchase a rain barrel from the Town of Orangeville to capture rain water for your lawn and garden.