TD Summer Reading Club
The TD Summer Reading Club (TDSRC) is free! It offers a variety of fun reading-related activities for children 12 and under and keeps them reading all summer long!
Each book read is a chance to win a grand prize. Visit the library throughout the summer to report on books read, collect stickers and play games.
How it Works:
- Register at either branch or use the link to register online. Registration starts June 1 and continues throughout the summer.
- Pick up your kit, including a notebook to track reading and a web access code for the TD Summer Reading website. There are fun games and activities for kids to explore. www.tdsummereadingclub.ca
- Check-out lots of books. Choose whatever you think will be fun.
- Children can read independently, read to someone else, or have someone read to them. Books, magazines, comics, newspapers and audio books are all accepted.
- Come back to the library so your child can tell us about his or her reading and earn stickers. Report at either location, between July 4 and August 20, whenever the library is open or come in during scheduled reporting times to play the TD Summer Reading game. Schedule will be available June 1
Summer Brochure - Programs are weekly and will run from Tuesday, July 3 to Monday, August 20.
Get Your Summer Read on Day! - Launch at the Market - Saturday, June 23
Time: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Location: Orangeville Farmers' Market
Kick Off a summer of reading fun with the Orangeville Library on “Get Your Summer Read On Day” at the Orangeville Farmers' Market. Register for the 2018 TD Summer Reading Club and receive your notebook for the summer. Games, a costume character and lots of fun for everyone!
Time: 1 - 3 p.m.
Location: Mill Street Library
Celebrate the end to a great summer of reading with special magic show! Grand prize winners will be announced.