Customer Service Assistant
The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville invites applications for the position of
Customer Service Assistant
Community Services Department
(Casual position, up to 24 hours/week)
The Town of Orangeville is seeking highly motivated, customer focused, organized individuals to join the Community Services team for the position of Customer Service Assistant. This position is casual, with no minimum hours guaranteed to a maximum of twenty-four (24) hours per week. Candidates must be available to work a variety of evening, weekend and weekday shifts, scheduled at both Tony Rose Memorial Sports Centre and Alder Recreation Centre. Duties will include:
- Completing program registrations and facility bookings using the recreation management system and assisting customers with program and facility related inquiries; accepting payments for program registration and facility bookings.
- Drop-in program check-in/payment and pass validation through the recreation management system.
- Responding to inquiries in person and by phone to both external and internal customers; providing customer service for events and tournaments.
- Performing clerical, data entry and related work tasks.
- Balancing cash daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School diploma
- Previous experience in a recreation service environment and general office experience would be considered an asset
- Experience with PerfectMind recreation management system would be considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, organization and cash handling skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database applications
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, no later than 4 p.m. on Wednesday August 28, 2019. Applications may be submitted online, emailed to [email protected], or submitted in person at the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway. If submitting a resume via email, please quote the job title in the subject line.
By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes.
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, R.S.O. 1980, c.302 (as amended), and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
Salary: $19.96 - $23.35 per hour, Band 3 on the Town’s 2019 pay grid
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following application form.