Senior Procurement Specialist
The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville invites applications for the position of
Senior Procurement Specialist
Corporate Services Department
(Full-time position, 35 hours per week)
The Town of Orangeville has an opportunity available for the position of Senior Procurement Specialist. This position administers and provides guidance and oversight of the Town’s Procurement program, to achieve best value in a timely and cost-effective manner in accordance with the Town’s by-laws, procedures, regulations, and policies. Duties of the position include:
- Overseeing and administering the Town’s Procurement Program, including applying existing or developing new policies, procedures, templates and training ensuring adherence to all applicable legislation, trade agreements, municipal policies, procedures and by-laws.
- Delivering policy interpretation, advice and recommendations on procurement practices, planning methods and processes to staff, providing leadership and advice in relation to choosing an acquisition method and developing evaluation criteria, as well as contract implementation issues.
- Identifying and recommending tools and processes to optimize effectiveness. Monitor trends and advances in procurement, strategic sourcing, vendor qualification, purchasing systems and public bidding processes.
- Preparing quarterly Council reports and yearly procurement activity reports for the federal government, as dictated by trade agreements; administering the Town’s electronic bidding system; ensuring staff are trained and the process remains open, fair and transparent at all times; ensuring the Corporate Records Management Policy is adhered to; managing vendors throughout the procurement process, including assisting or responding to bid complaints and bid disputes and/or enquiries; and debriefing unsuccessful bidders/proponents.
- Planning, administering and executing the buying procedure including preparing request for tenders/proposals; reviewing specifications for Policy compliance; ensuring collection and review of submitted health and safety requirements, legal and risk results; developing and overseeing a program to understand what grant funding opportunities may be available to the Town, responsible for overall co-ordination, maintenance and reporting of the program.
- Performs other typical duties and responsibilities inherent to the job on an as-requested basis.
- University degree or College diploma in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or related field, or an approved equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum five years of experience or equivalent working with procurement functions, preferably in a public purchasing role in the Public or Broader Public Sector, and experience with procurement software i.e. Biddingo.
- Designation/active involvement with the Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) as a Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP), or a designation with the National Institute of Government Purchasing (NIGP) as a Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), or equivalent designations considered an asset.
- Knowledge of procurement law and its application to contracts, competitive bidding procurement processes, industry standards, and best practices; demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of public procurement and contract administration.
- Progressive experience with proposals and tendering processes including resolving issues.
- Strong project management skills to implement new programs, manage existing programs and multiple priorities; excellent oral and written communication skills; strong negotiation skills; good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Detail and customer service oriented, with the ability to work with all levels of staff and external stakeholders.
- Proficient with various computer applications, including online purchasing systems, financial systems, contract management and procurement systems, Great Plains, Microsoft Word, Office and Excel.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 22, 2019. Applications may be submitted online, emailed to [email protected], or submitted in person to Town Hall, located at 87 Broadway. If submitting a resume via email, please quote the job title in the subject line.
By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes.
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, R.S.O. 1980, c.302 (as amended), and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
Salary: $77,841.40 to $91,070.80, Band 11 on the Town’s 2019 pay grid, plus a comprehensive benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following application form.