Supervisor, Water Works
The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville invites applications for the position of
Supervisor, Water Works
Infrastructure Services Department
(Full-time position, 42 hours per week)
This position supervises the Water Works staff, and oversees the day-to-day operation of the water supply and distribution systems the Town operates. Duties of this position include:
- Performing the duties and responsibilities of the Overall Responsible Operator (ORO), as required under Provincial Regulations.
- Supervising staff within the Water Works group including assigning work, training, evaluations, and assisting with the selection of new hires.
- Supervising and/or arranging for the supervision of maintenance work in the water supply and distribution systems, including work undertaken by both staff and outside contractors.
- Ensuring that all operating data is being collected, verifying its validity, and assisting others with its compilation, review and analysis.
- Assisting the Water Works Technologist/Quality Management System Representative with the co-ordination of the annual Ministry of Environment inspections and with the preparation of the various reports.
- Assisting senior staff with administrative matters as required, including but not necessarily limited to: development of the annual maintenance program for the Water Works group; providing input for the annual capital and operating budget; and responding to public inquiries.
- Completing the annual training required to by provincial regulation to maintain the drinking-water certificates that are a requirement of the position.
- Assisting in other areas of Infrastructure Services including, but not necessarily limited to, the sewage collection system, sewage pumping stations, operations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Secondary School Diploma;
- A Drinking-Water Operator Certificate, Water Distribution and Supply Subsystem, Class 3.
- A Drinking-Water Operator Certificate, Water Treatment Subsystem, Class 2.
- Have a current and valid Class G driver’s licence.
- Three to four years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of water supply, treatment and distribution systems, including a minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of the applicable regulations that pertain to the operation and maintenance of water supply, water treatment and water distribution systems, including but not necessarily limited to: the Permit To Take Water, the Safe Drinking Water Act, the Clean Water Act, and the applicable regulations made under the aforementioned Acts.
- Experience using computers including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel as well as experience using SCADA control systems.
- Must reside in a location not more than thirty (30) minutes driving distance from the Operations Centre in order to be able to respond emergencies relating to the operation of the water supply, treatment and distribution systems during evenings and weekends.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, no later than 4 p.m. on Tuesday, June 25, 2019. Applications may be submitted online, emailed to [email protected], or submitted in person to the Town Hall located on 87 Broadway. If submitting a resume via email, please quote the job title in the subject line.
By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes.
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, R.S.O. 1980, c.302 (as amended), and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
Salary: $39.93 – $46.72 per hour, Band 10 on the Town’s 2019 Hourly Pay Grid, plus a comprehensive benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following application form.