The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville invites applications for the position of
Corporate Services Department, Finance Division
Located on the north-west edge of the Greater Toronto Area, less than one hour’s drive from Toronto and yet only moments away from the unspoiled, natural beauty of the Niagara Escarpment, the Town of Orangeville offers an excellent combination of location, small town charm and urban amenities. Situated in the picturesque natural setting of the Hills of Headwaters, Orangeville is home to nearly 30,000 residents and is the largest urban community and regional service centre within the County of Dufferin.
Reporting to the General Manager, Corporate Services, and as a member of the management team, the Treasurer is responsible for the leadership, direction and management of the Finance Division. The primary responsibilities of this position include performing all statutory duties required under applicable Legislation and Regulations. The Treasurer oversees the entire financial management of the Town including budgets, financial reporting, financial planning and forecasting and supervision of Finance Division staff.
- University degree in Accounting or Business Administration, coupled with a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Significant and demonstrated experience in a senior officer capacity with seven (7) to ten (10) years of senior management experience involved with overseeing the administration of finances, fiscal planning, department management and staff supervision. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a municipal environment.
- Thorough working knowledge of the Municipal Act, Development Charges Act, Public Sector Accounting Board standards, Occupational Health and Safety Act, investment and debt management, provincial/federal funding programs, property taxation, auditing standards and practices and other related legislation or regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, financial, managerial, project/time management, organizational, analytical, research, communication, presentation, problem-solving, report-writing and supervisory skills.
- Leadership and human relations skills in order to direct, develop, motivate, and support staff in developing and achieving goals and objectives and able participate as an effective team member within the Corporate Services Department, Finance Division and with the management team.
- Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Office programs and related financial information systems (FMW and Great Plains software).
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Ms. Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, no later than 12 noon on Tuesday April 30, 2019. Applications may be submitted online, emailed to [email protected], or submitted in person at the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway. If submitting a resume via email, please quote the job title in the subject line.
By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes.
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, R.S.O. 1980, c.302 (as amended), and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
Salary: $118,409.20 - $138,520.20, Band 15 on the Town’s 2019 Pay Grid, plus a comprehensive benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following application form.