Financial Analyst - Capital
The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville invites applicants for the position of
Financial Analyst - Capital
Corporate Services Department
(Full-time position, 35 hours per week)
The Town of Orangeville has an opportunity available for the position of Financial Analyst - Capital. This position is responsible for undertaking financial analysis, evaluation and review related to the Town’s long-term financial management and annual requirements.
- Designing and administering statistical/financial models; monitoring, analysing and reporting on capital projects and reserve accounts to ensure proper authorization, funding and expenditures; and assisting with the administration and development of the Town’s financial systems.
- Developing capital budgeting/reporting and assisting with the preparation of annual budget packages; assisting the Deputy Treasurer in the administration of Development Charges, including financial analysis and rate calculations.
- Preparing year-end working papers and liaising with auditors.
- Performing monthly bank reconciliations, debt reconciliations, and journal entries as required; and preparing financial impacts reports/briefing notes for Senior Management and Council on a variety of financial issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a post-secondary program majoring in accounting and finance, with active enrolment in the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) program.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ progressive experience in an accounting or finance capacity, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Experience in the analysis and interpretation of data, strong analytical and organizational skills, and a proven ability to develop financial models.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to act as departmental representative and to liaise with staff at all levels, outside organizations as well as other levels of government in an efficient and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, work with cross-functional teams, set clear directions and obtain required information, data and co-operation.
- Sound understanding of municipal accounting and budgeting practices and principles.
- High proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, word processing, presentation and database packages.
Please note that the job description for this position is currently under review by the Town. Changes may be made to the responsibilities, qualifications, or other aspects of the position.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, no later than 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17, 2019. Applications may be submitted online, emailed to [email protected], or submitted in person to the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway. If submitting a resume via email, please quote the job title in the subject line.
By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes.
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, R.S.O. 1980, c.302 (as amended), and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
Salary: $ 65,811.20 to $ 76,967.80, Band 9 of the Town’s 2019 Pay Grid, plus a comprehensive benefits packages
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following application form.