The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville invites applications for the position of
Community Services Department
The Parks and Recreation Department requires Program Leaders to instruct and assist with activities for children’s instructional programs, day camps, school holiday programs, public skating and shinny, after school programs, birthday party rentals, and other special events. Hours of work are scheduled an as-needed basis, with no guarantee of minimum hours. Hours of work may include weekends, holidays, school breaks, and P.D. days.
- Planning and instructing recreation programs with a focus on safe, quality, inclusive programming to meet the needs and abilities of all participants.
- Completing program attendance, communicating with participants and parents/guardians regarding program changes, conducting checks of program areas and equipment for safety and cleanliness prior to and at the end of programs, and ensuring program areas are clean and tidy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The successful candidates must be at least sixteen (16) years of age, and will have completed Grade Ten (10).
- Previous experience working with children in a recreation program setting.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills related to working with children.
- Experience with recreation program planning, such as games, crafts, and sports.
- HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development, and current Standard First Aid/CPR are considered assets.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant for next round of hiring. Applications may be submitted online, emailed to [email protected], or submitted in person to the Town Hall located on 87 Broadway. If submitting a resume via email, please quote the job title in the subject line.
By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes. Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended, and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
Salary: $14.00 per hour
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following application form.