Water Works Operator 1
The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville invites applications for the position of
Water Works Operator 1
Infrastructure Services Department
(Full-time position, 42 hours per week)
The Town of Orangeville has an opportunity available for the position of Water Works Operator 1.
- Performing maintenance on water mains, valves, and hydrants in the water distribution system; assisting with maintenance on pumps, valves, and other equipment in the water supply system.
- Collecting operating data for compilation, review and analysis; collecting water samples for microbiological and chemical testing to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Assisting with keeping pump house structures, outside grounds and landscaping clean and properly maintained.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Diploma.
- Drinking-Water Operator Certificate, Water Distribution and Supply Subsystem Class 1, and a Water Treatment Subsystem Class 1.
- Current and valid Level DZ driver’s license.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of the applicable regulations that pertain to the operation and maintenance of water supply, water treatment and water distribution systems.
- Must reside in a location not more than thirty (30) minutes driving distance from the Operations Centre in order to be able to respond to alarms and other emergency situations; must be available for, and respond to emergency calls relating to the operation of the water supply, treatment and distribution systems during evenings and weekends in accordance with an on-call rotation schedule.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2019. Applications may be submitted online, emailed to [email protected], or submitted in person to the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway. If submitting a resume via email, please quote the job title in the subject line.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Questions about this collection should be directed to the attention of the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
Salary: $ 27.90 to $32.64, Band 7 on the Town’s 2018 Pay Grid, plus a comprehensive benefit package
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following application form.