Summer Camp Counsellor
The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville invites applications for
Summer Camp Counsellors (20)
Community Services Department
Full-time hours contract dates: July 2, 2019 – August 30, 2019
Mandatory training dates: June 8, June 15, June 22 – 25, 2019
Are you fun, creative, and energetic? Are you looking for a great summer job? The Town of Orangeville is looking for Summer Camp Counsellors for the planning, delivery and general administration of the Town summer camps. Duties of the position will include: planning camp activities with a focus on safe and inclusive programming; leading and participating in camp activities; ensuring program materials and supplies are prepared in advance and program areas are clean and tidy; attending staff meetings; participating in pool activities as required; incorporating HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development into daily programming; completing attendance procedures; communicating with parents regarding programming and changes to schedules, concerns or other relevant matters; conducting a daily check of areas and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair; and other such duties as assigned.
The successful candidates will have:
- Completed Grade 12
- Full-time enrollment in a post-secondary program in Recreation and Leisure Studies, Education, Child and Youth Development, Early Childhood Education or related programs would be an asset
- HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor would be an asset
- Previous experience working with children, including 1 to 2 years of work experience in a camp/recreation/program setting
- Various skills that may relate to crafts, sports, aquatics, wilderness and arts for specific camp programming
- Excellent communication skills to ensure positive interaction with other counsellors, parents, and campers
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
The successful candidates will be expected to work some weekends depending on program and training needs, and will be required to work on Canada Day. Full-time hours will begin on July 2, 2019. Mandatory camp training days are scheduled in June and the successful candidates must be available to work on Canada Day. Normal hours of work for this position may be up to forty (40) hours per week, depending on program needs.
Eligible students are invited to submit their applications to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, no later than 12 p.m. on Monday, February 4, 2019. Applications may be submitted online, emailed to [email protected], or submitted in person to the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway. If submitting a resume via email, please quote the job title in the subject line.
All Camp Counsellor interviews will be scheduled on February 23, 2019. Please note that all student positions are subject to budget and grant approval, and thus may be subject to change.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Questions about this collection should be directed to the attention of the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
Salary: Under Review
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following application form.