The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville invites applications for
Community Services Department
Full-time hours contract dates: July 2, 2019 to September 1, 2019
Training dates to commence June 24, 2019
The Town of Orangeville has ten (10) contract opportunities for the position of Instructor/Guard. Duties of the position include:
- Provides instruction in aquatic programs or perform lifeguard services in accordance with approved standards, policies and procedures. Must be alert at all times, in order to be prepared for emergencies. Enforce pool facility policies, procedures, rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner. Maintains accurate records pertaining to lesson plans and report cards.
- Arrives at least fifteen (15) minutes prior shift to check with designated Supervisor to find out any pertinent information. Ensures that the pool deck area is safe for all users and that emergency first aid equipment is in its proper place.
- Maintains a clean pool deck, pool equipment and change rooms.
- Installs buoy lines and other equipment in pool as required for programs, ensures adequate equipment is available (flutter board/reach pole/spinal boards) whenever lifeguarding.
- Participates in regular staff training programs, maintain aquatic certification and ability to perform exercises in emergency situations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
The successful candidates will have current National Life Saving certification, current Lifesaving Swim Instructor of Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification, and up to six (6) months of experience instructing and lifeguarding aquatic programs. The successful candidates must be available to be scheduled for up to twenty-four (24) hours during the week commencing June 24, 2019, and available to work up to thirty-five hours (35) hours from July 2, 2019 to September 1, 2019.
Eligible applicants are invited to submit their applications to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, no later than 12 p.m. on Wednesday, January 23, 2019. Applications may be submitted online, emailed to [email protected], or submitted in person to the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway. If submitting a resume via email, please quote the job title in the subject line.
All interviews will be scheduled between February 18 and February 22, 2019. Please note that all student positions are subject to budget and grant approval, and thus may be subject to change.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Questions about this collection should be directed to the attention of the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
Salary: Under review
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following application form.