The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville invites applications for the position of
Infrastructure Services Department
(Full-time position, 35 hours per week)
The Infrastructure Services Department has an opportunity available for the position of Building Inspector. The Building Inspector ensures the statutory enforcement of the Ontario Building Code Act and Municipal By-laws through building inspections and preparation of reports associated with inspections and investigations under the Ontario Building Code 2.
- Examining applications and plans in compliance with various legislation.
- Ensuring construction conforms to plans and specifications, issuing Stop Work Orders and Orders to Comply when required, and ensuring construction is completed in a safe manner.
- Providing advice on common construction methods on site or when plans are submitted, as requested.
- Evaluating permit applications, field inspections, and recording and maintaining records of inspections; providing information and assistance to the public regarding permit applications or general related inquires.
- Investigating building sites to ensure proper certificates have been obtained, correct construction practices are being followed and Code standards are met.
- Other such duties as assigned.
- Three (3) year College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, Architectural Technology and/or related discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience conducting building inspections and plans examination.
- Registered Building Official with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs (MMA).
- Valid Building Code Identification Number (BCIN) from the Ministry of Ministry of Municipal Affairs (MMA).
- Qualifications in the following categories as defined under Part 3, Division C of the Building Code from the MMA (Building Services, Building Structural, Complex Buildings, General/Legal Process, Large Buildings, On-Sire Sewage Systems, Plumbing – All Buildings and Small Buildings)
- Eligibility for and willingness to obtain and maintain the Certified Building Code Official (CBCO) Designation from the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA).
- A valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License in good standing.
- Experience in e-permits is considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Office programs. Previous experience with building software and database programs (i.e. Land Manager) is considered an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, January 17, 2019. Applications may be submitted online, emailed to [email protected], or submitted in person at the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway. If submitting a resume via email, please quote the job title in the subject line.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Questions about this collection should be directed to the attention of the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
Salary: $71,107.40 to $83,192.20
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following application form.