Due to COVID-19, Town Hall is still closed to the public. However, effective June 15, 2020 the Town will be offering Commissioner of Oath services on Mondays and Thursdays, by appointment only.
If you would like to get a document commissioned, please follow the process below:
- Scan and email the document you wish to get commissioned to [email protected]
- In your email, please let us know your preferred appointment time for a Monday or Thursday.
- Unless required, per the document to be commissioned, only one person is to attend the appointment
- All scanned documents must be clear and legible
- Please note: we only commission government-issued documents
- Once the required information is received, town staff will contact you with your appointment information
- Pay the fee for commissioning documents online by visiting: https://ipn.paymentus.com/rotp/orgt
- The fee for commissioning a document is $10 for a one page document and $15 for multiple page documents
- No charge for seniors (55 and over)
- Please include your first and last name in the ticket number field.
- Our online payments are processed through Paymentus Corporation - a third party automated payment service that accepts Visa or Mastercard. Paymentus will charge a convenience fee of 1.75% for each transaction.
- Your appointment at Town Hall:
- Please bring all original documentation to your appointment. You must bring with you two pieces of identification, each containing a signature. At least one piece of identification should be an official government document, bearing the photograph and signature of the deponent or declarant, and one must show the present address
- Please do not sign the form that is to be commissioned, as the document must be signed in the presence of the Commissioner
- Please note: we are only scheduling appointments for commissioning of documents once the information and payment has been received. Please allow for sufficient time for the Town to receive payment and schedule your appointment.
When attending Town Hall, for your safety and that of the staff on site, we ask that you wear a mask and sanitize your hands upon arrival.
Please refer to the information below, for additional information.
For inquiries, please call: 519-941-0440 or 1-866-941-0440, Ext. 2239.
The authority of Town Commissioners of Oaths is limited to Town documents and some other government documents. They are not authorized to swear affidavits for private businesses or personal affairs.
The Town does not have a Notary Public.
Two pieces of identification, each containing a signature, are required. The document must be signed in the presence of the Commissioner.
The fees for commissioning documents are:
One page document - $10
Multiple page document - $15
No charge for seniors (55 and over)