Off-Leash Dog Park
Orangeville’s off-leash dog park, on Hansen Boulevard, has fenced areas for large and small dogs. The 1.17-acre park has 30 parking spaces for visitors. For inquiries about the park, please call 519-940-9092, or email [email protected]
Closure Notice: The off-leash dog park will be closed Tues. Aug. 6 to Sat. Aug. 10 for fence repairs.
Off-Leash Dog Park Rules:
- The off-leash park is unsupervised. Use at own risk.
- The Town of Orangeville assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to persons, property or animals, arising from or in connection with, the use of the off-leash park.
- The off-leash dog park area is for dogs, their handlers and individuals accompanying them.
- No other uses or activities are allowed.
- Off-leash area users are subject to the Dog Owners' Liability Act.
- The park is open from sunrise to sunset.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the park.
- Dogs must be accompanied by a responsible person who is in control of the dog(s) at all times.
- When in the park, the handler must carry a leash at all times.
- Closely supervise children under your care -- dogs unaccustomed to children can be unpredictable.
- Children are not allowed to run and play within the fenced-in park area.
- No glass containers or food allowed within the fenced-in park area.
- Dogs must have up-to-date vaccinations including rabies shots.
- Ensure that dogs do not chase people or wildlife, or dig up fencing, trees, bushes, etc.
- Holes dug by dogs must be filled immediately by the handler.
- Dog feces must be picked up by the handler and placed in the trash receptacles provided.
- Female dogs in heat, sick dogs, and dogs less than four (4) months old are not permitted in the park.
- Aggressive dogs and prohibited breeds are not permitted in the park.
- Dog handlers are requested to work together to resolve minor issues at the park.
- For emergencies or situations requiring police, fire, or medical assistance, call 911.
- If you witness any damage or unsafe behaviour, please contact Facilities and Parks at 519-940-9092.