Kin Club Santa Claus Parade
Get ready Orangeville! Santa Claus will be coming to town this year on Saturday, November 17, 2018, and to welcome him, the Kin Club of Orangeville has decided to play some Musical Magic for him! Participants in the parade are encouraged to decorate and use anything in a musical theme this year!
The parade will start just a little bit earlier as well this year, so those who prefer more of a daytime parade can position themselves near the start of the parade route, and those who prefer an evening parade can position themselves in the middle of the route or near the end of the route.
The parade will begin at 4:30 p.m., and start at Hansen Blvd. and First St, then travel south on First St., along Broadway and end at Rotary Park.
The Kin Club will be taking parade registrations beginning September 1 until November 15. To register to participate in this year's parade, please contact this year’s Parade Chair, Cindy Williams at [email protected] or at 519-939-6224.
In order to accommodate the Santa Claus Parade, the following road closures will be in effect on Saturday, November 17:
- Hansen Boulevard from Amelia Street to First Street will be closed to vehicular traffic between 3 and 7 p.m.
- The following sections of streets will be closed to vehicular traffic between 3 and 7 p.m.:
- First Street from Hansen Boulevard to Broadway
- Broadway from First Street to Sherbourne Street
- Fourth Street from Broadway to Second Avenue
- Second Avenue from Fourth Street to Sherbourne Street
- Sherbourne Street from Broadway to Second Avenue
- Parking will be prohibited on Hansen Boulevard from Amelia Street to First Street (parade entrants excepted) between 3 and 7 p.m.
- Parking will be prohibited on the following sections of streets between 3 and 7 p.m.:
- Both sides of First Street from Zina Street to Broadway
- South side of Broadway from First Street to Wellington Street
- North side of Broadway from First Street to Third Street
- Both sides of Fourth Street from Broadway to Second Avenue
- Parking will be prohibited in the following parking lots:
- Rotary Park from 3 to 8 p.m.
- Idlewyld Park from 3 to 8 p.m.
- Dog park from 3 to 7 p.m.