Buying a Car - Information to Protect Yourself
Buying a car in Ontario? Learn how to protect yourself by attending this information session presented by OMVIC (Ontario Vehicle Sales Regulator).
- Differences between buying from a dealer and buying privately
- What dealers must tell you about a vehicle's past use and condition
- How to research a vehicle's history
- What to consider when choosing a vehicle
- What you can expect from dealer advertising
- Laws that protect consumers and when they apply
- How to avoid curbsiders (illegal, unlicensed dealers)
- What to do if you have a problem with a purchase
- The Motor Vehicle Dealers Compensation Fund
This drop-in program requires no registration.
1 Mill Street, Orangeville, ON L9W 2M2| Directions
Fostering a love of literacy and lifelong learning. A Visit Will Get You Thinking.