Road Occupancy Permits

Jan 11, 2019 | Public Works | Applications | General

Road occupancy forms must be completed and submitted to the Town for approval any time an excavation is to be done on the municipal right-of-way.  Examples would include installing new services and utilities, and installing a sprinkler system. 

When signed by a Public Works Staff person, a road occupancy form becomes a Road Occupancy Permit.

The road occupancy forms are available on-line or at Town Hall, and must be completed before work begins.  There is no charge for a Road Occupancy Permit.  The primary purpose of a Road Occupancy Permit is to provide the Town with a record of the work that is done, and for follow-up if problems arise as a result of work having been done.