Orangeville Public Library Board
1 Mill Street (5:00 p.m.)
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
Councillor Scott Wilson
Councillor Sylvia Bradley
Mr. Rick Brown
Ms. Janice Kidd
Mr. Patrick Neely
Mr. Bill Rea
Ms. Mary T. Rose
Mr. E. Brennan, CAO
Ms. D. Fraser, Chief Librarian
Ms. S. Greatrix, Clerk
Mr. M. Villeneuve, Treasurer
1. Call to Order
The Chief Librarian, Ms. D. Fraser, called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
The Clerk requested nominations for the position of Chair.
Mary Rose nominated Councillor Wilson for the position of Chair.
There being no other nominations for the position, the Clerk declared Councillor Wilson Chair of the Orangeville Public Library Board by acclamation.
The Secretary requested nominations for the position of Vice-Chair.
Councillor Wilson nominated Bill Rea for the position of Vice-Chair.
There being no other nominations for the position, the Clerk declared Bill Rea Vice-Chair of the Orangeville Public Library Board by acclamation.
Councillor Wilson assumed the Chair. (Time: 5:04 p.m.)
3. Declarations of Conflict of Interest None.
4. Approval of Agenda
18.01 Moved by Patrick Neely
Seconded by Janice Kidd
That the agenda of January 24, 2018, be approved.
5. Adoption of the Previous Library Board Meeting Minutes
18.02 Moved by Councillor Bradley
Seconded by Bill Rea
That the minutes of the regular Library Board meeting held on December 13, 2017, be adopted.
6. Information Items
a. Management Team Report (January 2018)
b. Incident Report (December 2017)
c. Correspondence i Thank you note from the Wilson family
18.03 Moved by Patrick Neely
Seconded by Bill Read
That the information items as listed be received.
a. Report # 18-01 Strategic Direction and Service Priorities for 2018
Councillor Wilson requested that the next agenda include an item for general discussion of a County-wide library system
18.04 Moved by Bill Rea
Seconded by Councillor Bradley
That report # 18-01, dated January 24, 2018, with respect to Strategic Direction and Service Priorities for 2018, be received;
And that the 2018 Annual Work Plan attached to the report as Appendix A be adopted.
b. Report # 18-02 Review of Advocacy Policy
18.05 Moved by Rick Brown
Seconded by Patrick Neely
That report # 18-02, dated January 24, 2018, with respect to a review of the Advocacy Policy, be received;
And that the Advocacy Policy dated January 24, 2018 attached to the report as Appendix A be adopted.
8. Municipal Update – Councillor Sylvia Bradley and Councillor Scott Wilson
Councillor Bradley advised that the Town and Orangeville Sustainability Action Team were successful in obtaining additional Provincial funding for bike routes.
9. Comments and Announcements
Ms. Fraser provided the following updates:
1. Recruiting for a permanent part-time PSA - internal posting closes today
2. OLA Conference next week
a. Full time staff - Wednesday to Friday
b. All staff - both branches closed - GLAD day - Friday, Feb 2
3. Immersed in data migration piece of the conversion to new ILS and consortium - labour intensive right now. Current go live day is April 1st, may need to close the library for a few days - considering the 4 days following Easter.
4. Noise complaint at Mill St library on Twitter… through the Mayor
5. Saturday, January 27th is Family Literacy day - news release
6. Deb Vatanen off for the month of February
7. Family Day in February - Mill Street closed for the entire weekend, Alder open and library will participate in Family Day activities at Alder on the Monday.
18.06 Moved by Bill Rea
Seconded by Patrick Neely
That the meeting adjourn. (Time: 6:30 p.m.)
Scott Wilson, Chair Susan Greatrix, Clerk
Next Meeting: Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 5 pm, 1 Mill Street