Recreation & Events Committee
The Recreation & Events Committee advises Orangeville Council on goals, strategies, and new initiatives related to all leisure services and sponsored community events.
Recreation Committee Mandate
To advise Council in the development of a strategic plan for Parks & Recreation in the Town of Orangeville.
Strategic Planning is a systematic approach to defining longer term business goals and identifying a means to achieve them. In the absence of planning, an organization moves randomly from one problem to the next focusing only on day-to-day tasks and activities. Projects are often completed in isolation and hold no organizational significance. Creating a sustainable and disciplined strategic planning process develops a sense of order and focuses on what is truly important. This focus is then used to ensure resources are channelled in a direction that yields the greatest benefit to resident taxpayers and other customers.
Goals and Objectives
Members of this committee will be expected to participate in developing the long-term vision, mission, and values for Parks and Recreation in the Town of Orangeville. The committee will focus on the following tasks:
- To review staff reports and make recommendations to Council based on those;
- To review and make recommendations to Council on the implementation and updating of the Strategic Plan, based on information and reports prepared by staff;
- To consider, as part of the Parks and Recreation portfolio, new ideas and resident initiatives, and to make recommendations to Council; and
- To provide a forum for citizens to bring delegations with new ideas and concerns.
Events Committee Mandate:
The Events Committee will make recommendations to Council regarding Town Council sponsored community events and will contribute to the oversight of those events. The Committee will also provide recommendations regarding other community events not directly sponsored by Town Council and perform liaison duties between Town Council and those event sponsors.
The Town of Orangeville will provide the citizens of Orangeville events that:
- Support and promote community events that celebrate the Town of Orangeville, Ontario and Canada;
- Are inclusive and accessible for all residents;
- Are representative of the wishes of Town Council;
- Are financially responsible to the residents and taxpayers of the Town of Orangeville.
2 Council members
5 public appointments
1 representative from the Accessibility Committee
1 representative from the Mayor's Seniors' Advisory Committee
Town of Orangeville Staff Representatives
Raymond Osmond - Director, Parks and Recreation
Andrea Shaw - Administrative Assistant, Parks and Recreation
If you have any questions about the committee, please contact Andrea Shaw at 519-940-9092 Ext. 4109 or via email to [email protected].
Meetings: are held on the first Thursday of the month.