Clerks Department Banner - Town Hall building located at 87 Broadway


To be married in Ontario, a couple must first apply for a marriage licence, which is available from the Clerk's Department.

photo of a bride and groom after being married

For information on requirements to obtain a marriage licence, please see Marriage Licence Requirement and Application.

By appointment, the Clerk and Deputy Clerk are available to perform civil marriage ceremonies in the Council Chambers.  Off-site civil marriage ceremonies are also available outside of business hours.  For information, please see Civil Marriage Ceremony Guidelines and Application.

For further information regarding marriage in Ontario, please see the Office of the Registrar General's website.