The nomination period for the 2018 Municipal Election in Ontario is May 1 to July 27.
Nomination Period ends July 27, 2018, 2:00 p.m.
Please file your Nomination Paper in time to resolve any issues before the deadline of 2 pm, July 27, 2018.
For anyone interested in running for a position on Orangeville Town Council in the municipal election on October 22, 2018:
Nomination Papers must be accompanied by
- declarations of endorsement signed by at least 25 qualified electors
- proof of qualifying residence
- proof of Canadian citizenship
- cash, debit, cheque or money order: $200 for Mayor, $100 for all other candidates
Your Nomination Paper may be refused
- if your papers are not complete
- if there is a problem with one of your endorsements.
Candidates may file a nomination form in the Clerk’s Office during regular business hours beginning Tuesday, May 1, 2018 and ending at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, July 27, 2018.
Further information for candidates and the required forms are available at the Clerk’s Office or at: www.orangeville.ca/elections
For further information, please contact:
Susan Greatrix, Clerk 519-941-0440 Ext. 2242
Susan Lankheit, Deputy Clerk 519-941-0440 Ext. 2223
Bonita Boston, Assistant Clerk 519-941-0440 Ext. 2219
Email: [email protected]